Monday - Wednesday morning (3/24-3/26)

I was so excited to leave that waking up at 2 a.m. wasn't nearly as difficult as it normally would be. Of course, I slept on the plane from Phoenix to LA . . . an uneventful flight. Then, I searched frantically for Starbucks in the international terminal at LAX - no luck!! Had to live with McDonald's - UGH!! Spent a few moments "dolling up" Flat Lucy (see picture - notice the nails and lashes . . . she's a beauty!) and then we were on the plane to Hong Kong, where Lucy enjoyed a sandwich and some tunes. (I was bored, people, REALLY BORED!!)


I have never been on a flight longer than about 4 hours, so 15+ hours was quite a stretch for me!! I was in the middle seat, which is NEVER comfortable, and I found myself longing for so many things while I was sitting there basically watching the clock tick-down. I was thanking God for my iPod - a life saver!! The flight ended with me eating a very heavy pasta meal (STUPID), getting over heated, feeling claustrophobic, dealing with some turbulence, dumping out my zip-lock bag of gum and goodies, and barfing - what a joy!!


Then, I found a Starbucks - at the exact moment I knew I couldn't handle it . . . God was laughing - I was put on this earth for His amusement, I think . . . glad to know that I give Him joy! :) Back through security and onto our flight to Bangkok . . . it's actually Tuesday night, now, since we crossed the International Date Line.


Hong Kong to Bangkok was uneventful and then we got to sit in the Bangkok airport for about 10 hours. Alas, no Starbucks, as far as we can tell . . . *sigh* . . . but there is a Thai massage place - a couple ladies paid for a shower - I decided to stay stinky, but I did enjoy a one hour traditional Thai massage . . . I had NO IDEA that my body could bend in such ways!!!! No chance of sleeping - too noisy, cold, and we were just too excited! We met a Nepali man named "Heri" (aka - Harry Potter) who was on his way back home. Then we were on the flight to Nepal . . .

Oh, the flight to Nepal . . . it was so uncomfortable in SO MANY ways!! I was feeling gross, ready to shower, I was tired, and I got stuck in the middle section (though I did get the aisle seat for a short time, until the man between Katrina and I realized we were together and he made me trade him seats - UGH!!) This man was Nepali, and apparently it is the "trend" to hit on foreign women in the hopes of . . . gosh, how do I put this?? . . . adding another notch to the bedpost . . . is that clean enough?? UGH!! I cannot tell you how uncomfortable it was to be sitting next to this man as he told me how "common" it was for a married man to have a girlfriend on the side . . . to which I replied, "Oh, how sad!!!" to which he responded, "the wife doesn't have to know." Good grief. I couldn't run, I couldn't hide, he kept leaning on me, and trying to find out where we were staying . . . I could feel the bile beginning to rise in my throat again - perhaps that would have kept him away . . . until finally we landed in Kathmandu, and I couldn't get off that plane fast enough!!!!!! The one positive thing that happened on this flight was that I met my newest "love" - a little boy, no older than 3 or 4, who was flirting with me between the seats . . . he leaned in, and I leaned in, and he blew me a kiss. When I returned the jesture, he jumped out of his seat, ran back to my seat, and puckered up . . . how could I resist?? I planted a kiss right on his lips, and that was it! We were buddies the rest of the trip . . . look at his beautiful brown eyes - how could I resist??? :)

Once we landed and ran off the plane, we made it through the visa line and through security quite easily, and we even found enough carts for our bags . . . and then came the first miracle of the trip - every single one of our bags - all 12 - made it all the way from Phoenix to Nepal - not a 1 got lost!! Ellen said that was the first time that has ever happened! :) God is good!!

So, it was through the doors and into the great big world of Nepal . . . .

No comments: